Wednesday, September 22, 2010

CG Plane and Hand Breakdown

CG Plane and Hand Break Down: Please leave a comment so I know people are watching, have fun.

When I got the plates they were very different in quality and scale. The DP uses the same focal length and angle, so an A and B switch was needed in order to match the frame with the two camera moves. I ended up building a CG hand with SSC, textures, realistic lighting and a DC3 Plane with reflections from the sky plate to match the frame.
I then used the 3D elements (rendered in 3D Studio Max) and composited it in Adobe After Effects to blend with the live action plate. In the comps I color corrected and added some heavy noise to the 3d layers to match the live action footage.

The basic skills used in this piece where Motion Graphics, Visual Effects, 3d modeling, Animation, compositing :
For more info please go to www.twodoorfx.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

CreativeHeads.net For more info go to www.usphotograph.com